Monday, April 13, 2015

The picky eaters worst nightmare






Bombay Indian restaurant in Egg Harbor Township is a popular place to eat if you are interested in exotic foods.  Lunch is served buffet style with few options in my opinion. The atmosphere shines with authentic decorations and paintings hanging on the walls. I have experienced Indian cuisine in the past and I was not a fan but I wanted to be open minded coming into this lunch. I decided to with the Chicken Makhni which was boneless chicken cooked in a mild tomato butter sauce. With the color of the sauce looking much like a mystery substance found in the garbage disposal I obviously was not excited to actually eat it, but there I was cutting a small section off to try. I was shocked to find out that it did in fact taste like chicken, but the sauce was extremely bland and did nothing to compliment the meat. Next was the Tandoori chicken, which is chicken, marinated in yogurt and mild spiced and roasted over charcoal in the tandoor. This looked much more appetizing then first thing I tried. The chicken was tandoori chicken was absolutely my favorite thing that I ate for lunch, but at the same time I felt like I could barely taste the meat, the species that it was marinated with completely over powered the taste. Lastly I tried Alu Gobhi, which is potatoes and cauliflower cooked with special spices, and rice that had cumin seeds, cloves and cinnamon in it. The Alu Gobhi were basically undercooked potatoes that were cooked in extremely strong spices, they overpower the potatoes completely. The rice was cooked perfectly and looked beautiful with all the different colors from the spices that it was mixed with but the taste of cinnamon ruined this dish for me. Over all I do not think I will be returning to the Bombay Indian restaurant simply because the food was not appealing to me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment